Debra Raybern, N.D., M.H., C.N.C. Young Living Crown Diamond Revised and updated 2013
Having a well stocked first-aid kit can keep you from a panicky situation with minor emergencies. Have these items on hand and ready to go when traveling, camping, outing to the beach, extracurricular sporting events.
I receive emails and phone calls weekly from people who are not prepared with a good supply of essential oils and essential oil enhanced products in a panic.
BE PREPARED! If you are not prepared with products and knowledge, you just might end up like them, without oils and supplies, heading either to the doctor or emergency room for something you could have handled at home with ease.
REMEMBER– serious conditions may require the help of a professional, having these natural products do not preclude you from taking a seriously injured or ill person to the hospital.
1. ImmuPro, NingXia Red – supports good immune system function, good for allergic reactions to insect stings (along with topical Purification), sudden onset of illness, take as directed
2. Inner Defense—flu, colds, and other communicable illness, 1-2 capsules daily, or more as directed
3. Aroma Life, Spiknard, Goldenrod, Black Pepper—heart conditions, shock, hypothermia, heart attack, stroke, apply Aroma Life, spiknard or goldenrod over heart, on neck over arteries, Black Pepper 3-5 or more drops under the tongue until the person is coherent, seek emergency medical attention if you suspect heart attack or stroke
4. Tsuga or Helichrysum —stops bleeding ASAP, apply liberally over the area and cover with gauze, apply slight pressure, repeat in 10 minutes if needed, access to see if stitches or medical attention is needed. Also great for after oral surgery – apply to face along jaw line over area where surgery occurred. (Melrose aids in dispelling the numb feeling)
5. Lavender – eye health, cataracts, glaucoma, pink eye, styes, Lavender oil between eyes for styes, Thieves, Purification, Melrose around eye for infections (dilute with V6 oil and do not get in the eye), Frankincense and NingXia Red for eye sight apply around eye socket
6. Melrose, Ledum, Purification—ear aches, for ears 1-4 drops outside of ear, for serious cases only when all else has failed - dilute Melrose and Lavender 50/50 with olive oil and put 2 drops in ear
7. Ortho Sport, Deep Relief, Pan Away—sore muscles, injuries, gently massage over area
8. Peppermint – digestive discomfort use the oil on tongue, sip water, or DiGize oil over belly area. To stop dry heaves- one drop DiGize rubbed on inside of cheeks or on tongue
9. RC, Meleleuca Quinquenveria - Asthma relief-rub on chest or 1-2 drops in water 3 times per day, as an anti-spasmodic-rub on Charlie horse cramps. Good for other respiratory conditions.
10. Thieves—super drawing oil for imbedded glass or splinters, – apply a liberal amount over area, bandage lightly and change every 30 minutes to an hour until object is removed. Anti-viral/bacterial – one to two drops in a capsule or honey taken orally, diarrhea – rub on bottom of feet, tooth abscess – add to toothpaste or apply directly to tooth, contains clove and cinnamon which may be irritating to sensitive skin and tissue, can be diluted with olive oil
11. Purification—insect bites of all kinds – apply generous amount over area.
12. Animal Scents or Rose Ointment —wounds and abrasions – apply to cuts, abrasions and watch them heal without infection. If using an essential oil, apply the oil and top with the ointment.
13. Peppermint—fevers, digestive tonic. Pain – apply one drop diluted with one drop olive oil to painful area, stomach upset – take one drop in warm water orally. A few drops with lavender orally to combat hives and rashes.
14. Thieves Toothpaste, Spray & Mouthwash—teeth and gum ailments, pyorrhea, abscess, brush and rinse with the Thieves oral care products, add one drop of Thieves essential oil on the site of an abscess condition until resolves, usually a few days. Thieves Spray on back of throat for sore throats
15. Comfortone—constipation – take one capsule with evening meal, increase daily until desired effect, then maintain as needed
16. DiGize —food poisoning, diarrhea, gas– take 2-4 drops orally every 30 minutes until relief
17. Ledum, Purification or cedarwood—reduce gland swelling, for glands anywhere on the body, apply and gently massage in, repeat 3 times daily, orally for diarrhea 2-4 drops every 30 minutes
18. K&B—Kidney & Urinary tract problems, take 1 dropper every 2 hours to stop infection, aid in edema of the legs
19. Lavender Oil & Lavaderm Spray for burns—apply liberally, repeatedly, until healed, Aloe Vera leaf fresh also helps with pain. Fro cramps- rub over cramping area, headaches – apply to temple and back of neck
20. Oregano, Mt. Savory—anti-viral – use with garlic oil and massage into bottoms of feet, sore throats – take in tomato juice 4-5 drops or directly under tongue – hot but very effective
21. Raindrop Kit of oils - have these oils on hand and know how to give a Raindrop to family members.
22. Claraderm Mist - after childbirth; poison ivy, rashes.
23. Palmarosa, lavender - skin concerns.
Stock your kit with a generous supply of bandages, gauze, adhesive tape, a thermometer, and empty capsules, etc. If you will get a hard sided “cooler” to store your items, they will be ready to leave the house for a picnic or day at the beach in a moment’s notice. Feel free to add you family favorites to this list and keep an adequate supply on hand at all times.
Be sure to drink plenty of water and single serving NingXia Red packets to revive the body after a hard days play or when not feeling your best. The essential oils in this handout are from Young Living Essential Oils.
No other brand will give you the same benefits as safely and as only a few drops are needed - inexpensively.
DISCLAIMER: The content of this article is solely for educational purposes. It is not meant to diagnose, treat or mitigate any health condition. As always you should consult the health professional of your choice for specific health information. The author, products mentioned or Young Living is not responsible for its mis-use.