At the 2014 Young Living Convention in June, we had the opportunity to watch a short video from Airase describing the studies that are being conducted with young children suffering from autism and the introduction of Young Living essential oils into their lives. To visually see the changes in this child and to hear the positive responses from using YL oils, was heart moving.
Also we had a mother come up and talk about the changes in her child that took place over the past 1 and 1/2 years since she started working with YL essential oils for her autistic 4-1/2 year old daughter. Catatonic 80 to 90% of the time, diagnosed that she would never talk, she would never have normal relationships. And the doctors told her that she would have to be hospitalized. But then she found Young Living and everything changed.
At first she did not believe that these oils would help her daughter. But within 5 days with Brain Power Blend, her daughter began to have social referencing, she had a couple spontaneous words, and she had eye contact for the first time. And 3 years later her daughter is doing everything that they said she would not be able to do. Now she is now talking in sentences and having meaningful conversations, and talking like 30 minutes and telling her mother about her day.
Two of the oils that Gary recently for Autism or any Disfunction:
Reconnect Blend: It is believed thru research that the right and left hemispheres of the brain of autistic children are not connected.
Intouch Blend: Was created because autistic children can’t get in touch with reality so they hide from it, they try to escape from it, they get angry, they get mad
SleepyIze: Autistic children can’t sleep, this blend was created to hel them sleep.
GeneYus: Helps to empower their brain or any disfunction.
The Reconnect Kit comes with 4 new essential oil blends:
1. Reconnect – uplifts mood, allows the mind to react positively and reconnect to surroundings.
2. InTouch – calming, grounding, unites the body, mind and spirit with real life.
3. SleepyIze – relaxes and calms the body and mind.
4. GeneYus – helps with determination to stay on task.
Here are some other Essential Oils that are available from Young Living that also serves Autistic children:
Essential oils used:
Cedarwood at night on 6 areas with just 1 drop:
1. middle of the eyebrows
2. back of the head – recessed area
3. 2 sides of the head on top of ears
4. bottom of 2 toes
5. bottom of 2 thumbs
6. inhale 12x
Vetiver: this oil has a heavy earth smell and may need to be introduced slowly 1. in the morning, apply only 1 drop on the bottom of toes before putting on socks
Juvaflex: to help detox liver
1. prepare a closed glass bottle of warm water and light towel
2. place 1 drop of juvaflex on the liver area front and back
3. let skin absorb oils then place the warm bottle on the liver for warm compress, use light towel underneath
4. drink lots of water to facilitate detox
Brain Power: head and spinal column area with only 1 drop during the day
1. on the 6 areas mentioned for cedarwood
2. with the remaining residue, slide the oil down from the neck to the tail bone
3. if child is sensitive to the oils, apply veg oil afterwards
Home School Moms, don't miss this: We were thrilled to release over 25 all-new products at our 20th anniversary convention. Attendees learned about and experienced new essential oil blends, nutritious foods, advanced skincare formulas, easy-to-use diffusers, and lots more! Here are just a few of the innovative products that had members raving:
Young Living offers an excellent Collection for those that suffer from PTSD or any level of anxiety, both collections are available as a Bundle. The word "freedom" means different things to different peole, such as freedom to follow one's dream, freedom to make one's own decisions, spiritual freedom, and freedom from life's traumatic experiences. When any of these ares are out of balance, frustration, anger, and a host of other problems can affect any individual.
As promised, here is Zac's story as told by his mom. The pain that we all felt after hearing this heart wrenching account of abuse was only eased by sharing in the mom's joy of healing for her son using prayer and nature's medicine - Young Living Essential Oils - Please feel free to share this hope with others who may suffer from severe stress symptoms or know someone who does. PTSD is no respecter of age, gender, or social condition.It is estimated that approximately 5.2 million people have PTSD in a given year. It is like being trapped in a living hell without any hope of peace and healing. I believe that there is hope and healing and while Zac's is perhaps the most profound healing I have witnessed, there are many other stories of lives that have been restored to normal using Young Living's new Freedom kits and other Young Living essential oils.
This is our story. My husband and I decided to adopt after our four children were getting ready to go on to college. We went through CPS and fostered then adopted two beautiful siblings. They came straight from their biological mother to our home. Zac was 2 and Ella was just an infant. They both had suffered unimaginable abuse and neglect. Zac is now 6 and his sister just turned 5. (editor's note: The children were apparently subjected to "Black Magic" and sexual abuse rituals as well) Unfortunately for Zac, it was worse as he lived in those conditions for a full two years before The Lord brought them to our home. Zac has very vivid memories of the nightmare him and his sister lived, memories that torment him day and night. Because of this, he has been given multiple psychiatric diagnoses, not to mention they were both exposed to alcohol and drugs in utero. Zac has what is known as “Reactive attachment Disorder” ( editor's note: a subcategory of PTSD). Basically, he couldn’t attach to me his mother because of what he suffered in the hands of his biological mother. I couldn’t hug my son because it was physically painful and terrifying for him, I couldn’t cuddle with him at bed time, and he had this dark look in his eyes when he looked at me. Zac would throw up almost daily on purpose if he did not get his way. Zac had not slept a full night without nightmares or getting up multiple times in the night since we got him four and a half years ago. He had been in a psychiatric hospital for violence, threatening to kill himself, his sister or me.(editor's note: Zac pulled a knife and threatened to kill both his mother and sister and broke his mother's leg).
He takes multiple psychotropic medications just to stabilize him and for the rest of the house to survive day to day. We installed monitors cameras, had someone move in with us for the times my husband travels just to take Ella out of the house during Zac's rages. His post adoption services suggested it was time for us to “give Zac back to the custody of the state” to protect his sister, they sent the paperwork for us to fill out but my husband and I were not ok with this and we were in a desperate situation asking God for answers.
That’s when we were introduced to essential oils. I’ll be honest; at that point if someone told me that if they brought a cow to my house and sacrificed it, and it would help, I would have done it. I’m not one to buy anything from anyone. I run when I see the Avon lady or the Mary Kay lady. I had nothing else to lose and we didn’t want to lose our son.
The night I started the oils we have had a really “bad day” with Zac, he fell asleep after hours of screaming how much he hated me and he wanted me to die. Honestly I couldn’t remember exactly what oil to use but I remember frankincense was the “go to” so when it was “safe” for me to touch him I put them on...Zac slept all night, no screaming, no nightmares, no getting up 4,5,6,7,8 times a night. I know this because I didn’t sleep “waiting for the wrath” after the day we had.
The changes we have seen in Zac are huge. God is working in him through these oils. It is such a blessing for our family. He hugs me a lot, he allows for me to touch him and hold him, I can tuck him in at night, pray with him. He has only thrown up once in the last month. His occupational therapist reported after only one week of the oils that his hand writing had dramatically improved. His teacher came to me in tears the day after I started the oils to tell me what a “beautiful day” Zac had in the class.
He can have conversations with us and express his feeling instead of acting them out...the list goes on and on. We know we will have struggles but we have HOPE and that you can’t get in a pill. The Lord placed these oils that he created in our hands and our son is able to feel the love that his forever family has for him. He can feel accepted, part of our family, like a child again. My prayer is that if you are reading or hearing this testimony that you will know in your heart that there is hope and that God created these for a reason, not for a fad or for something else for people to cash in on. His purpose is for healing, for joy to be restored. Jeremiah 29:11
“For I know the plans I have for you” declares The Lord, “plans to prosper you not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future...
Update: Zac has not had a single rage attack since starting the oils. The essential oils Release and Forgiveness were being used prior to the introduction of the Young Living Freedom kits and these were the ones that stabilized him.He uses Frankincense and Peace and Calming when his mind starts to race. He is off his medications. Mom uses the Feelings Kit in the diffuser and Zac releases many feelings. He can even talk about his birth mom, something that no psychologist has been able to do. He was also due to have an autism screening but mom cancelled it because the symptoms subsided. Praise God for this Healing!! Thank You Gary Young for following God's leading on your life and being steadfast in your commitment to bring Young Living essential oils into every home. Thank you Jenny McMillian for having the compassion and courage to help out a struggling mom.
As we know, PTSD is so very prevalent. Former Vietnam Veteran Master Sergeant Jess Johnson so generously shared his story with us. This rocked me to my core because he is of my generation and I know so many who served in that war and the anguish they suffer. He has dealt with PTSD for 45 years. He met Gary 7 months ago and finally slept 8 hours through the night using Young Living oils.
His rage is gradually abating, and he is grateful beyond measure. His and many other stories of relief from the agony of PTSD moved us all to tears.
Young Living's new Freedom Kit will be a God send for countless sufferers. I am so looking forward to sharing this beautiful collection of blends that Gary Young put together to help all those suffering from any form of trauma. Thank you Sergeant Johnson for leading the way with this and for sharing so deeply from your heart! -- Terry Quigley
Freedom Collection Bundle - (Freedom Sleep and Release) new kit with Blends to be used for PTSD and Trauma of any sort...
Re-establish a positive energy flow throughout the body, and bring a sense of balance and harmony that attracts love and joy with the Freedom Sleep and Freedom Release Collections Bundle. The Freedom Sleep Collection of essential oils was created to help re-establish a positive energy flow throughout the body, helping relax and calm one’s thoughts and feelings prior to bedtime. With improved relaxation, the body and mind are rejuvenated, bolstering one’s ability to overcome life’s challenges and reach one’s highest potential.
The Freedom Release Collection of essential oils was created to bring a sense of balance and harmony that attracts love and joy. It helps release feelings of anger and promotes forgiveness, elevating the mind and bringing out the gentle characteristics within oneself for a positive outlook on life.
Contains Five 15-ml Blends:
Freedom™, Divine Release™, Joy™, Transformation™, and T.R. Care
Our proprietary Seed to Seal® process is the heart of our commitment to purity and authenticity, and we are excited to announce a whole new way to share it with you! Visit the brand-new SeedtoSeal.com for a fun, interactive experience that gives you an inside look at our beautiful farms, Young Living Founder and CEO D. Gary Young’s passion for quality, the painstaking steps we take to ensure total authenticity in all of our essential oils, and much more!
With educational content, beautiful photos, inspiring videos, and an interface that is both sleek and fun to explore, this new site is perfect for discovering and sharing the Young Living difference with your friends, family, and anyone else who wants to learn more about us! We invite you to visit this new site and discover Seed to Seal for yourself.
Here is Young Living's' new line of essential oils just for children. Six mild essential oil blends, formulated especially for children. Helps child stay on task, soothes sensitive skin, supports healthy skin, calms the body, uplifts the senses, relaxes the mind and body.
Debra Raybern, N.D., M.H., C.N.C. Young Living Crown Diamond Revised and updated 2013
Having a well stocked first-aid kit can keep you from a panicky situation with minor emergencies. Have these items on hand and ready to go when traveling, camping, outing to the beach, extracurricular sporting events.
I receive emails and phone calls weekly from people who are not prepared with a good supply of essential oils and essential oil enhanced products in a panic.
BE PREPARED! If you are not prepared with products and knowledge, you just might end up like them, without oils and supplies, heading either to the doctor or emergency room for something you could have handled at home with ease.
REMEMBER– serious conditions may require the help of a professional, having these natural products do not preclude you from taking a seriously injured or ill person to the hospital.
1. ImmuPro, NingXia Red – supports good immune system function, good for allergic reactions to insect stings (along with topical Purification), sudden onset of illness, take as directed
2. Inner Defense—flu, colds, and other communicable illness, 1-2 capsules daily, or more as directed
3. Aroma Life, Spiknard, Goldenrod, Black Pepper—heart conditions, shock, hypothermia, heart attack, stroke, apply Aroma Life, spiknard or goldenrod over heart, on neck over arteries, Black Pepper 3-5 or more drops under the tongue until the person is coherent, seek emergency medical attention if you suspect heart attack or stroke
4. Tsuga or Helichrysum —stops bleeding ASAP, apply liberally over the area and cover with gauze, apply slight pressure, repeat in 10 minutes if needed, access to see if stitches or medical attention is needed. Also great for after oral surgery – apply to face along jaw line over area where surgery occurred. (Melrose aids in dispelling the numb feeling)
5. Lavender – eye health, cataracts, glaucoma, pink eye, styes, Lavender oil between eyes for styes, Thieves, Purification, Melrose around eye for infections (dilute with V6 oil and do not get in the eye), Frankincense and NingXia Red for eye sight apply around eye socket
6. Melrose, Ledum, Purification—ear aches, for ears 1-4 drops outside of ear, for serious cases only when all else has failed - dilute Melrose and Lavender 50/50 with olive oil and put 2 drops in ear
7. Ortho Sport, Deep Relief, Pan Away—sore muscles, injuries, gently massage over area
8. Peppermint – digestive discomfort use the oil on tongue, sip water, or DiGize oil over belly area. To stop dry heaves- one drop DiGize rubbed on inside of cheeks or on tongue
9. RC, Meleleuca Quinquenveria - Asthma relief-rub on chest or 1-2 drops in water 3 times per day, as an anti-spasmodic-rub on Charlie horse cramps. Good for other respiratory conditions.
10. Thieves—super drawing oil for imbedded glass or splinters, – apply a liberal amount over area, bandage lightly and change every 30 minutes to an hour until object is removed. Anti-viral/bacterial – one to two drops in a capsule or honey taken orally, diarrhea – rub on bottom of feet, tooth abscess – add to toothpaste or apply directly to tooth, contains clove and cinnamon which may be irritating to sensitive skin and tissue, can be diluted with olive oil
11. Purification—insect bites of all kinds – apply generous amount over area.
12. Animal Scents or Rose Ointment —wounds and abrasions – apply to cuts, abrasions and watch them heal without infection. If using an essential oil, apply the oil and top with the ointment.
13. Peppermint—fevers, digestive tonic. Pain – apply one drop diluted with one drop olive oil to painful area, stomach upset – take one drop in warm water orally. A few drops with lavender orally to combat hives and rashes.
14. Thieves Toothpaste, Spray & Mouthwash—teeth and gum ailments, pyorrhea, abscess, brush and rinse with the Thieves oral care products, add one drop of Thieves essential oil on the site of an abscess condition until resolves, usually a few days. Thieves Spray on back of throat for sore throats
15. Comfortone—constipation – take one capsule with evening meal, increase daily until desired effect, then maintain as needed
16. DiGize —food poisoning, diarrhea, gas– take 2-4 drops orally every 30 minutes until relief
17. Ledum, Purification or cedarwood—reduce gland swelling, for glands anywhere on the body, apply and gently massage in, repeat 3 times daily, orally for diarrhea 2-4 drops every 30 minutes
18. K&B—Kidney & Urinary tract problems, take 1 dropper every 2 hours to stop infection, aid in edema of the legs
19. Lavender Oil & Lavaderm Spray for burns—apply liberally, repeatedly, until healed, Aloe Vera leaf fresh also helps with pain. Fro cramps- rub over cramping area, headaches – apply to temple and back of neck
20. Oregano, Mt. Savory—anti-viral – use with garlic oil and massage into bottoms of feet, sore throats – take in tomato juice 4-5 drops or directly under tongue – hot but very effective
21. Raindrop Kit of oils - have these oils on hand and know how to give a Raindrop to family members.
22. Claraderm Mist - after childbirth; poison ivy, rashes.
23. Palmarosa, lavender - skin concerns.
Stock your kit with a generous supply of bandages, gauze, adhesive tape, a thermometer, and empty capsules, etc. If you will get a hard sided “cooler” to store your items, they will be ready to leave the house for a picnic or day at the beach in a moment’s notice. Feel free to add you family favorites to this list and keep an adequate supply on hand at all times.
Be sure to drink plenty of water and single serving NingXia Red packets to revive the body after a hard days play or when not feeling your best. The essential oils in this handout are from Young Living Essential Oils.
No other brand will give you the same benefits as safely and as only a few drops are needed - inexpensively.
DISCLAIMER: The content of this article is solely for educational purposes. It is not meant to diagnose, treat or mitigate any health condition. As always you should consult the health professional of your choice for specific health information. The author, products mentioned or Young Living is not responsible for its mis-use.
The information provided here is for educational purposes only, and is not intended as diagnosis, treatment or prescription for any disease. The decision to use, or not to use, any of this information is the sole
responsibility of the reader.